Chocolate Puffed-rice Crispy Treats
A nice treat for you or the family without refined sugar or chemical laden marshmallows. These are super simple to make, stored in the freezer and a great treat to have on hand throughout the week! Kids love to help you make them and they can lick the bowl/ spoon!
- 3 cups organic puffed rice could use organic rice crispy cereal too
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes toast in a pan on low heat stirring until light brown
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder cocoa powder will work too
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax, 4-6 tbsp filtered water mix until egg light consistency
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter or any nut butter would work here
- 1/4 cup enjoylife chocolate chips optional to sprinkle on top
Use a 8x8 cake pan and place parchment paper or use coconut oil and brush sides and bottom so they won't stick
In large bowl combine the maple syrup, cacao powder, flax eggs and almond butter. Stir until combined.
Add in puffed rice to wet mixture and coconut flakes and stir until combined. Press mixture down into pan.
Drizzle with extra almond butter and sprinkle with enjoylife chocolate chips. Place pan in freezer for 1-2 hours so it sticks together. Cut into squares and enjoy out of the freezer.
Store in a sealed container - for 1 months if they last that long!