Chocolate Puffed-rice Crispy Treats
A nice treat for you or the family without refined sugar or chemical laden marshmallows. These are super simple to make, stored in the freezer and a great treat to have on hand throughout the week! Kids love to help you make them and they can lick the bowl/ spoon!
- 3 cups organic puffed rice could use organic rice crispy cereal too
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes toast in a pan on low heat stirring until light brown
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder cocoa powder will work too
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax, 4-6 tbsp filtered water mix until egg light consistency
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter or any nut butter would work here
- 1/4 cup enjoylife chocolate chips optional to sprinkle on top
- Use a 8x8 cake pan and place parchment paper or use coconut oil and brush sides and bottom so they won't stick
- In large bowl combine the maple syrup, cacao powder, flax eggs and almond butter. Stir until combined.
- Add in puffed rice to wet mixture and coconut flakes and stir until combined. Press mixture down into pan.
- Drizzle with extra almond butter and sprinkle with enjoylife chocolate chips. Place pan in freezer for 1-2 hours so it sticks together. Cut into squares and enjoy out of the freezer.
- Store in a sealed container - for 1 months if they last that long!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!