Blueberry Pecan French Toast Bake
This is one of my favorites to make for guests and special occasions, and it's a staple in our Easter Brunch every year.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread chopped into big cubes - 8-10 cups worth
- 1/2 Cup pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup milk of choice we use unsweetened almond milk
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen organic / wild blueberries
- 4 tbsp cold butter chopped into cubes
- 1/3 cup organic flour
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Turn oven to 375
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the milk, maple syrup, eggs, cinnamon, sea salt
- Stir in the sourdough cubes, chopped pecans and blueberries
- Grease a large 9x13 baking dish and pour mixture in
Make Crumble Topping
- With a pie cutter or your fingers incorporate the butter into the flour, sugar, salt mix until you get a crumble consistency
- Top the French Toast with the Crumble and put in the oven. 375 for 35 mins
- Pull out let cool and Enjoy! You can add Maple Syrup if you need it!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!