When the weather turns and the dark dinosaur kale is in full bloom this salad is a MUST! The key is to use good quality olive oil and to massage your kale!! Yes you heard that right, that will start to break it down and take some of the bite out of it.
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil get a good quality one - you will taste the difference
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale washed, de-stemmed, ripped
- 2 green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños optional if you like it spicy!
- 4 Eggs Hard boiled or you can fry them up if you want to add protein
- 1 avocado ripe, pitted and chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or juice of one lemon - start with 1 tbsp and add if you need it
- Sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash & Rinse Kale. De-stem and rip into pieces. Put into a big mixing bowl.
- Massage lemon juice and olive oil into kale and set aside.
- Chop green onions and avocado
- After 5-10 minutes add hemp seeds, avocado, green onions, pickled jalepenos, salt & pepper. Toss together and if you would like to add protein add hard boiled eggs or fried eggs.
This is a salad that will stay in the fridge for a while and not get soggy, so you can make it ahead of time, or even eat leftovers the next day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!