'Nutella' Energy Balls
Yes you read that correctly and the best part, there is NO Nutella in them but they taste JUST like it!! These are the perfect snack for kids, adults or even as a dessert! Loaded with healthy fats, and no refined sugar!
- 4-6 whole dates pitted
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts if you have raw you can toast in a pan - just keep a close eye on them!
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt I use close to 1 tsp b/c I love SALT!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder you can use dark if you want extra antixodiants
- 2 tbsp almond butter I havne't experiemented but you could probably use sunbutter or other nut butter of choice
- 2 scoops vital proteins OPTIONAL but boosts the protein!
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp filtered water OPTIONAL if needed to help combine if not sticking together
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes OPTIONAL to coat outside or you could use hemp seeds!
- Place dates in S blade blender and pulse until chopped
- Leave dates in and add in hazelnuts. Pulse until fine / crumbly texture
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (vanilla, sea salt, coconut oil, cocoa powder, nut butter) Pulse until it starts to clump together. (Mine didn't do this right away so I added just a small 1/2 tbsp of water to help it clump up) You want to be able to squeeze into ball form so pulse until mixture is no longer grainy.
- Roll into 12-15 balls and roll in coconut flakes, hemp seeds or just leave as is and sprinkle with sea salt. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze and then after an hour take out and place in glass container and put back in freezer. Take out and enjoy whenever you want - I like to let mine sit for 5 minutes before biting in, more intense nutella taste that way!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!