Beef with Broccoli over Cauliflower Rice
Healthy & Hearty! This beef with broccoli is a meal that even my 1 and 3 year old eat! Take my word for it, you won't miss the rice, and you'll get to add more vegetables into your diet! (You can always substitute protein of choice instead of beef)
- 1 lb organic ground beef any protein works here or tofu/ tempeh if you like
- 4 cups broccoli chopped into florets (Frozen works too!)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tsp fish sauce/ oyster sauce optional for the umami flavor
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce/ coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 head Cauliflower riced: grate over cheese grater or put through food processor grater
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Get out two sauce pans.
- Start the caulifower rice first. Heat up coconut oil and add ‘rice’ cover sauce pan and let simmer / cook for 8-10 minutes, use spatula to flip so it doesn’t burn. I like mine a little browned
- Brown your meat, and if you use organic or farm beef most likely you won’t have a lot of leftover grease so I usually leave mine in for extra flavor.
- Once beef is brown take out and set aside, add veggies in saucepan to start steaming in beef fat. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes
- Combine: garlic, fish sauce, garlic & onion powder, tamari, sesame oil in a bowl and mix.
- Add beef back into veggie pan and pour spice mix over…let it simmer for 5 minutes for flavors to come together.
- Serve Beef & Broccoli mixture over your Cauliflower rice. I like to spice mine up with siracha sauce!
Add any other veggies you have on hand, I like to use this recipe on Thursday or Friday and make it a ‘garbage can’ beef with broccoli. (Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts, Carrots, Celery, Baby Corn etc). You can also rice the cauliflower ahead of time and store in the fridge until you use it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!