Garlic Shrimp & Herb Spaghetti Squash
I love this recipe because it feels like i'm indulging in a pasta dish but don't feel bad afterwards because its light on the carbs and doesn't need cream. You can prep the squash ahead of time to save time!
- 1 spaghetti squash halved and seeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice lemon zest if you are feeling fancy
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts toasted & if using walnuts chopped
- pepper to taste
- 1 lb shrimp thawed & pre-cooked
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Rub squash with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, until fork tender. Let cool about 10 minutes, then scrape the insides with a fork to pull the strands away from the skin. (At this point I put the strands in a colander, press them with a paper towel, and let them rest while I prepped the other ingredients)
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp, cook for 1½ minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in spaghetti squash, lemon juice, herbs, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for about 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, then top with toasted nuts and lemon zest, tomatoes if you have them. Taste and add salt or pepper if desired.
If you have leftover cherry tomatoes you could halve them and add into this dish too. You can leave out the parmesan for an EXTRA clean version!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!