Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Bites
GAME CHANGER . . . try not to make these every week. Ever make those no-bake Eskimo cookies as a kid? Somehow these bring me back to those except they are made with clean ingredients and are a great balance of sweet and salty and a certain 'buttery' flavor without the butter!
- 1/2 cup pitted dates 6-7 large medjool dates - 6 worked for us!
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes toast in a saucepan on medium heat, continuously stirring until fragrant and lightly browned
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt plus more to sprinkle on top!
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp coconut oil start with 1 and add in an additional to get it to clump in processor.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks I used enjoy life for dairy free
- In saucepan on medium heat toast your 2 tbsp coconut - this is the buttery flavor you'll taste! Watch it so it doesn't burn! Set aside and let cool. I like to do a big batch at a time so it doesn't burn and have leftovers for my next batch.
- In food processor pulse pitted dates until chopped fine.
- To chopped dates add in pecans and chop together until a crumbly consistency forms
- Add in the rest of the ingredients into food processor and pulse until you can form into balls. Start with 1 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil and then if you need more add it.
- Roll into 13-15 balls and sprinkle with sea salt. Place on a sheet pan and put in freezer. Once frozen place in air-tight container and store in freezer. Take out 1 or 5 at a time and enjoy!
Play with these and add in / take out any flavors you like they are an easy dessert and a sweet treat to enjoy or gift to friends!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!