Savory Seed Crackers
In a pinch for a quick snack to have on hand that will actually fill you up or need something to send the kids to school with? These are it! Nut-free and perfect for a big scoop of homemade hummus!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds soak in 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast more if you like it cheesy
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or you can grate 1 clove of fresh garlic into chia mixture
- Turn oven on to lowest temperature my lowest is 170.
- In a small bowl combine Chia seeds & 1/2 cup water and stir together this will get thick and be your binder, let sit 10 minutes
- In a separate bowl combine all of the other seeds and spices (you can get super creative here and add whatever you want, I just like it simple garlic, salt) Mix to combine.
- Combine the chia mixture with the seed and spice mixture, you may have to add in 1 tbsp water at a time to get it to combine, I've only needed 1 extra tbsp each time.
- Lay mixture on parchment paper and roll out as thin as you can without it making holes (I used a flat glass that I rinsed with water). Use a pizza cutter and cut into 24-30 crackers or whatever size you like.
- Place in oven Bake / Dehydrate for 4-5 hours until they are completely crisp not bendable without breaking. I leave out to cool for 5-8 hours then put them in an air tight container. Enjoy!
I love eating these with homemade hummus, by themselves and they even stand up to salsa!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!