I tend to make these for dinner late in the week because its easy to throw in all of your leftover veggies / leftovers you need to get rid of from the week. This is awesome for leftovers so you can easily cut into pie slices and warm up for breakfast or lunch the next day!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil coconut oil, avocado oil, butter
- 9 egg or 6 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 2 cups chopped veggies whatever you have on hand, I like onions, mushroom, spinach, asparagus – you can use 10oz of frozen spinach thawed just make sure you squeeze out excess water
- 1 tsp paprika or any other spices you want to throw in!
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 lb organic ground beef optional, but it beefs this up
- 10 each cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 avocado for garnish
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- pepper to taste
- Make sure you have either a cast iron skillet to use or a pan that can go from stove to 375 degree oven.
- Pre-heat oven on to 375
- Start by heating your pan over stove, melt your butter/ coconut oil and sauté your chopped veggies (don’t add your tomatoes yet!), squeeze out your spinach!
- While veggies are cooking beat eggs in a separate bowl, add spices, salt & pepper.
- If you are adding cooked beef add it to the veggies.
- Pour egg mixture over sautéed veggies, take a spatula and scrap under the veggies/ beef to make sure eggs mix in. After 1 minute turn heat off.
- Lay the tomato slices on top
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set and not runny…add your parmesan cheese right away so it can melt
- Add slices of avocado or sprinkling of parmesan to each piece
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!