Quinoa Fried Rice
Simply & Healthy version of 'fried rice' using Quinoa, lean protein & bright vegetables.
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil divided
- 2 Egg whisked
- 2 each carrots peeled and diced
- 1 white onion small, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 cups quinoa cooked and chilled
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce or more to taste
- 2 tsp fish sauce/ oyster sauce optional
- 1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas and garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft. (Add shrimp if you want here)
- Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and stir until melted. Immediately add the cooked quinoa, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using), and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine. Add the sesame oil, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
***You can add Shrimp if you would like a bit more protein in here….I get my shrimp cooked and frozen from Costco so you could really just throw thawed pre-cooked shrimp in with veggies while they are cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!