Sweet Potato Apple Fritters
The perfect savory brunch addition, snack to meal prep for the week or a great side to a BBQ! You can make these in the oven, on the stove, air fryer and my all time favorite into WAFFLES! Give these a try and top them with my favorite Sriracha mayo!
- 2 medium organic sweet potatoes shredded / grated
- 1 medium organic apple shredded/ grated (I like pink lady / gala)
- 1/2 small red onion shredded / grated
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder corn starch will work too
- 1 tbsp avocado/ olive oil
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 tbsp mayo optional for topping dip
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha optional for topping dip
- fresh/dried parsley optional for topping
- Wash and shred sweet potatoes, apple & onion. I use my food processor grating setting. Mix all three together to combine.
- Whisk eggs and add to the grate mixture along with the almond flour, salt, arrowroot and avocado oil.
- 3 ways to cook these try them all!
- Oven: (Just might not be golden brown / crispy but still taste great) 400 Degrees on a sheet pan use parchment paper. Cook for 15minutes and then flip and cook another 10. You could brush with a little oil and broil for a minute or two to get the crispy top.
- Pan Fry: Medium-High heat with a little butter / olive oil for 4 minutes each side. Air Fryer: 370 Degrees 5 minutes then flip and cook another 5 minutes
- Waffles: My favorite way so far! Makes 5-6 large waffles in the maker on medium heat setting.
- Mix mayo and Sriracha together and drizzle on top, or just plain Sriracha or hot sauce will take these up a notch! My kids love them plain.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!