Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
The perfect brunch, lunch, or dinner option that is super simple and can be made as a fancy thing you make for company or at the end of the week where you put everything you have in it! Go to town and get creative! Share your rendition below in the comments!
- 1 large organic sweet potato sliced thin (setting #2) on madolin
- 1 tsp coconut oil to grease pie pan
- 2 cups sauteed veggies get creative here!
- 1 cup protein of choice bacon, sausage, beef, tofu!
- 6-7 organic eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut milk any milk of choice works
- 1/2 cup cheese of choice optional: mozzarella, vegan parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice sweet potato w a mandolin on setting 2 or slice thin. Brush Pie / Quiche pan with olive oil and layer in sweet potato. Salt & Pepper and Garlic Powder optional to sprinkle on top. Brush top of Sweet potatoes with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes. Take out to cool.
- Fry up some bacon or protein of choice about 1 cup chopped cut into pieces. Set aside and let cool.
- Chop up 2 cups of veggies. I like broccoli, mushroom, onion, zucchini. Saute in 1 tbsp of bacon or sausage grease or coconut oil. Set aside to cool while you wait for crust to cool.
- While crust is cooling whisk 6-7 eggs with 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used coconut), salt and pepper.
- Place sauteed veggies & protein over sweet potato crust and pour egg mixture over. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Last 10 minutes top with cheese or nut cheese and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!