Fall Apple Crisp
Nothing says warm and cozy fall dessert like this! Double batch this for a big group or enjoy as a family, it won't last long! I love to top pancakes and overnight oats with the leftovers! Although this recipe is a little richer in sugar than my normals it's still much less than the conventional ones out there. Enjoy!
- 4 whole organic apples peeled and sliced thing. Any pie apple will work we used jonagold
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice see below for how to make a big batch for the season!
- 1/4 cup organic apple sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional if you have tart apples - I didn't need it
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar coconut sugar will work
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix - This will leave you with extra
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash, peel and slice apples. Toss with lemon juice and arrowroot flour and let sit while you work on the topping.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients and mix well.
- Mix the apple sauce, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup with the apples.
- Grease a 9x9 baking pan with coconut oil.
- Place apple mixture in baking pan and then top with the topping. Place in oven for 40 minutes, may go up to 50 watch so the topping doesn't burn. ENJOY!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!