Easy Vegan Pasta e Fagioli Soup
Need a quick and easy warm up that is also cheap and vegan and can be grain free? This will be your new favorite soup!
- 4 whole organic carrots shredded
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or 2 cloves pressed
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth or water works too!
- 1 15oz can organic dark red
- 1 15oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup fresh / frozen english peas optional
- 1 cup dark leafy greens I love Dino kale, beet greens, Swiss chard
- 1 cup organic noodles or banza noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil avocado oil works too
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt may need more depending on broth's salt content
Spices/ Seasonings Optional
- 1 tsp dried dill I use these if I don't have any broth to help flavor the soup!
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat large stock pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add shredded carrots and garlic, salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your noodles and spices for 1 minute then add in broth, tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes until your noodles are al dente.
- Add in your peas, leafy greens and rinsed beans and let simmer for 5 minutes turn off heat and re-season depending on what else you need.
- Serve with red pepper flakes to give it a little heat.
Let this be a simple way to make Winter supper simple! Add what you have on hand and play with the seasonings! Comfort food made easy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!