Chocolate Sunbutter Crunch Cups
Do you ever dream of an adult crunch bar? This is it, even better your kids can take this to school because it's nut free, dairy free and vegan! We made a batch and they didn't last long. I made a variation below from @fitwellmedgals Instagram feed just changed it to be a little less sugar, and added in some protein & healthy fats!
Chocolate Bottom & Top
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips for dairy free use Enjoy Life brand
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- 2 scoops vital proteins collagen peptides optional for added protein
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 6 whole dates pitted, optional place in hot water for 5 minutes to soften
- 1/2 cup unsweetened sun butter
- Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil if it's not non-stick.
- Melt dark chocolate chips & coconut oil over a double boiler or if using microwave start with just 30 seconds at a time so you don't burn the chocolate.
- Mix in puffed quinoa to chocolate and place a little bit on the bottom of each muffin cup. You will need to top them with this mixture so just put a little bit down for a base.
- Once you have base down place in the fridge and start making the filling.
- In food processor pulse all ingredients listed about for filling. This will be sticky.
- Take out the muffin tray and place filling in top of base.
- Finish the cup with the remaining chocolate and quinoa mixture and place in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes until hardened. Pop them out of muffin tin and place in a air tight container. Store in fridge for up to a week or freeze. They won't last long!
Notes: I have not tried this with any other type of nut butter but i'm sure any would work great! Let me know if you try these out and what variations you make!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!