To-die-for Crab Cakes
Light & Packed with Crab Meat these are a perfect go-to summer treat if you are done with the grill and just need to feel like you are on the East Coast! Definitely worth the effort to whip these up, Grain Free, Dairy Free and Delicious!
Crab Cake Mixture
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped fine
- 16 oz lumb crab meat drained and shells removed (I got mine from trader joes)
- 2 large Eggs whisked
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Home-made mayo make before hand to save time or use a mayo you like!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil to get 'breading' to stick
- 1 cup brazil nut cheese see below on ingredients and how to make
- 1 lemon for garnish
Brazil Nut Cheese
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional
- 1 tsp sea salt
Crab Cake Sauce (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Home-made mayo
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustartd
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped fine
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Combine first 8 ingredients and form into 8 large crab cakes. Place in the fridge while you make nut cheese.
- Make Brazil Nut Cheese for 'breading' in a food processor. Place brazil nuts, nutritional yeast and salt in food processor and blend until crumbly 'cheese' like consistency.
- Take crab cakes out of fridge and brush with melted coconut oil and them sprinkle and press nut cheese mixture on top, do each side don't be shy this stuff is good!!
- Place 'breaded' crab cakes on parchment or lined cookie sheet and bake 8 mins per side. After baking you can let cool and store in fridge until you are ready to eat or fry them up to crisp them up on each side with coconut oil or butter!
- Garnish with 'Crab Cake Sauce' optional or top with home-made mayo, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
I love to put these on top of a big plate of greens that have been tossed with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Watercress, kale, spinach anything goes!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!