DIY 'Chipotle' Bowls
Craving some Chipotle but want the cleaner, healthier, grain free, dairy free version? Here it is! These turned out amazing and will definitely be in our monthly rotation!
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil for high burning purposes, otherwise coconut, or olive will work
- 1 head Head of cauliflower Riced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 medium red onion sliced fajita style
- 2 whole Bell Peppers sliced fajita style (long stripes)
- 1 can organic black beans rinsed
- 1 pound organic chicken thighs cut into small pieces (optional if you want to add meat (these are so juicy!)
- 1 lime for garnish on top
- 1/2 cup salsa optional for topping to spice it up!
- 1 avocado optional for topping
- 1/4 cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder divided for peppers / chicken
- 1 tbsp cumin powder divided for peppers / chicken
- 1 tsp Sea salt divided for peppers / chicken
- 1/2 tsp coriander for chicken
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder optional if you have it, adds a good kick!
- chili lime seasoning bonus if you have this from traders sprinkle on top! SO GOOD
- 1 tbsp avocado oil divided for peppers / chicken
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- In large saucepan heat up avocado oil and add in riced cauliflower, cover for 2 minutes to steam
- Add in chili powder, cumin and salt and stir to combine seasonings. Cover and and cook on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. I like mine a little browned on the bottom so watch and cook and taste along the way until you get desired consistency.
- Once it is done to your liking take off heat and add in lime juice. Stir and cover to keep warm until you are done cooking the rest of your toppings.
- Add in 1/2 tbsp avocado oil in saucepan until hot then add in cut up chicken thighs (or other protein of choice!) brown on all sides
- Add in seasonings (chili powder, cumin, sea salt, coriander, ancho chili powder) and cook until chicken is no longer pink in middle. Set aside in a bowl and cover to keep warm, use the same pan for the peppers/ onions
Peppers & Onions
- Add in 1/2 tbsp avocado oil in your same saucepan you used for chicken to incorporate flavors. Stir in seasonings right away and then cover. Let cook for 5 minutes on medium and then stir. I like mine browned a little bit, cook until your desired doneness.
- After you rinse beans, I like to add in a little chili powder, lime juice and heat on low until everything else is ready to go. No necessary but a little extra flavor!
- Idea only this is where you get creative! Start with your 'Mexican Rice' add protein, beans, peppers, onions, salsa, avocado and cilantro. Top with a sprinkle of lime juice / chili lime seasoning. ENJOY!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!