Spaghetti Squash Pie
This recipe is from one of my favorites PaleOMG! I changed mine around a little and it turned out great, you cannot go wrong! Get creative here with what you have on hand and ENJOY this will disappear good luck having leftovers and you can't feel bad about that because all ingredients are super clean!
- 1 Large spaghetti squash Cut in 1/2 and scoop out seeds
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage or any sausage you have on hand, I used andouille!
- 1/2 lb ground turkey or you could use all ground turkey! Just 1lb protein
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce make sure it is sugar free, you can add more if you like it more saucy!
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 eggs whisked
Additional Add-ins (This is how I sneak in extra veggies and beef this up!)
- 1/2 cup zucchini grated
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 cup spinach chopped fine or frozen
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Pre-Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to scrape out seeds
- Place skin side up in a baking dish with 1 inch of water 30 minutes or until fork tender. Let it cool skin side up and then scrape out with a fork into a big mixing bowl
Meat Sauce & Veggies
- Brown your protein (sausage & turkey) and add in dried basil, garlic, salt & pepper, dried oregano. Set aside.
- Saute veggies in protein pan, that way you can use the fats from the meat sauce and don't have to add in olive oil. I love to ADD all the additional if I have on hand (onions, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, bell pepper)
- Add in protein mixture and veggie mixture and sauce to the spaghetti squash bowl and combine with a fork.
- Whisk your eggs first then add them to the bowl and incorporate throughout! Place in a greased or non-stick (I use olive oil) 8x8 baking pan.
- Turn oven to 350 and bake for 1 hour. ENJOY with mixed greens salad or just by itself!
This is going to be a new staple at our house! To save time on a Sunday you could easily pre-cook your spaghetti squash and store in fridge for a day or two before you make. You could also bake ahead of time cut into individual servings to warm up for lunch!!! Let me know how you like this one, and check out PaleOMG even if you aren't paleo, she has great recipes!!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!