Zucchini Pizza Boats
This one comes from another one of my favorite food bloggers Cleanfoodcrush.com ! These are going to be a GREAT go-to when you have TONS of zucchini sometimes so much you don't know what to do with it! These were very filling and fun for the whole family to make together! Friday night clean pizza YES PLEASE! Get creative with these, really anything you want can go on them! I've got traditional pepperoni below!
- 6 small zucchini or 4 if you have medium sometimes you can't choose!
- 1 cup marinara sauce sugar free, maybe more if you like your 'pizza' saucy
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 lb pepperoni thinly sliced (my trick is to get it from the deli section cheaper!)
- 3 tbsp fresh basil cut into stripes (optional but this ups the flavor!)
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
Additional Toppings (Go nuts!)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped fine
- 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 cup ground protein beef, turkey, sausage
- 1/4 cup black olives chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 400
- Chop zucchini's lengthwise in half and GENTLY scoop out the seeds so you have a little groove to place toppings.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper on zucchini's then add sauce, toppings and mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven on baking sheet for 10-12 minutes. Check to make sure they are done (the zucchinis) to your liking, 12 minutes was good for the small for us.
- Sprinkle parmesan and chopped basil on top and serve hot! So simple and we loved pairing ours with some greens and added our leftover toppings we chopped but couldn't fit on our boats!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!