A spin on one of my favorite Korean dishes — add anything you’d like to these fun bowls that are great for groups!
Easy Beef Bulgogi Bowls
A spin on one of my favorite Korean dishes -- add anything you'd like to these fun bowls that are great for groups!
- 3 cups cooked rice / cauliflower rice make ahead of time in bone broth - 1 1/2 cups dry rice
- `1 lb grass fed ground beef can sub tempeh/ tofu or other protein
- 1 whole sweet onion diced
- 1-2 lbs broccoli florets steamed or blanched
- 2 whole organic carrots sliced with a peeler nice and thin
- 5 medium turnips/ radishes optional - sliced thin with a mandolin
- 4-8 tbsp kimchi optional - homemade or store bought
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp korean / red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp tamari / soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- If you do not have your rice cooked start that now as you chop veggies. Cook according to package - I like to sub my water with broth. If cooking cauliflower rice I like to use 1/4 cup coconut milk to add some fat and make it fluffy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Mix together your sauce in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Add your beef and onions to the hot pan and brown. With grass fed meat there shouldn't be much fat - so you can leave in the extra fat or drain. Turn off the heat and add in half of your sauce to the meat and onion mixture. Toss to coat.
- Prep your veggies and lay them out for assembly. Cut and steam broccoli. Shred / peel carrots. Mandolin your turnips/ radishes. Warm up your rice of choice. I like a chili onion crunch (from TJ's) and seaweed slices, sesame seeds as a garnish.
- Assemble your bowls! drizzle leftover sauce over the top of your bowl. Don't forget kimchi perfect crunch and spice factor!.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!