Blueberry Crumble Muffins
The perfect treat for a weekend breakfast at home! Give this a try and thank me later - these will not last long!
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries See pre notes below or can use fresh
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic flour could try to sub almond / gf flour if you are gf but I haven't tried it
- 1/2 cup organic oat flour ground oats in food processor
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt I used kosher
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Eggs have not tried flax egg yet
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp cold butter unsalted - if using salted you can skip salt addition below
- 1/3 cup organic flour
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt I used kosher
- Preheat oven to 400
- You can use Frozen or Fresh Blueberries - I've found frozen work fine just let them sit to cool before removing from the tin. Option if using frozen blueberries to place in pan and turn on to medium heat. Thaw them and drain them away from liquid (keep liquid for drizzle). Set aside to cool. If you want to take these next level: reduce the blueberry liquid over low heat and add 1 tbsp honey until it reduces to a thick syrup - use this as a 'Jam' combined with more frozen blueberries for serving.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients; walnuts, almond flour, flour, oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the wet ingredients; almond milk, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil.
- Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Make your crumble! With a fork mix the flour and the sugar together to get small little clumps. You could add a little of the 'blueberry syrup' to turn this purple.
- Fold in the frozen/fresh blueberries to your batter and place in 12 muffins. Sprinkle the crumble on top and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with butter and your homemade jam - Enjoy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!