Blueberry Crumble Muffins
The perfect treat for a weekend breakfast at home! Give this a try and thank me later - these will not last long!
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries or can use fresh
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic flour could try to sub almond / gf flour if you are gf but I haven't tried it
- 1/2 cup organic oat flour ground oats in food processor
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt I used kosher
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Eggs have not tried flax egg yet
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp cold butter unsalted - if using salted you can skip salt addition below
- 1/3 cup organic flour
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt I used kosher
- Preheat oven to 400
- You can use Frozen or Fresh Blueberries - I've found frozen work fine
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients; walnuts, almond flour, flour, oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the wet ingredients; almond milk, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil.
- Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Make your crumble! With a fork mix the flour and the sugar together to get small little clumps. You could add a little of the 'blueberry syrup' to turn this purple.
- Fold in the frozen/fresh blueberries to your batter and place in 12 muffins. Sprinkle the crumble on top and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with butter and your homemade jam - Enjoy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!