This recipe is from www.detoxinista.com This one has been one of our go-to recipes for a long time now. It’s especially great to make during the summer when Eggplant is cheap at the farmer’s market and you can throw anything you like on here. I love to pair this with fresh greens and dressing.
- 1 large eggplant cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 jar marinara sauce no-sugar added
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast option to sprinkle on instead of cheese
- 1 cup mushrooms/ bell peppers/ onions etc chopped vegetables you have on hand 1 cup total
- 1/2 cup prosciutto or pepperoni, optional if you want protein
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut eggplant into ½ inch rounds – sprinkle with salt and place on parchment paper
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, flip after 10 minutes and watch them during second half so they don't burn
- After roasting they are ready for toppings – spread marinara sauce over roasted eggplant (I like to sauté my mushrooms/ onions/ peppers before hand and let them simmer in the sauce before I put on eggplant)
- Put back in the oven and roast for 5-10 more minutes to get rid of some of the moisture in the sauce
- Top with nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and dig in!
If you wanted to eliminate dairy a great substitute is nutritional yeast. Braggs has a good one at grocery stores, but it’s also easy to grab out of the bulk bins at whole foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!