Homemade Elderberry Syrup
Make the perfect immune boosting elixir to have on hand during cold and flu season. Packed with antioxidants and loaded with vitamin C!
- 1 Cup dried organic elderberries
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 4 Cups filtered water
- 2/3-1 Cup raw local honey
- Bring water, dried elderberries, cinnamon sticks, grated ginger to a simmer. Reduce it by half and turn off the heat.
- Once it's cool, take a potato masher or a spatula and mash up the elderberries
- Strain the liquid into a bowl and add the honey. Stir to combine
- Pour the mixture into a mason jar, you'll have about 2cups to use throughout the month. Store in the fridge.
- We take 1/2-1 tsp for kids daily and 1/2-1tbsp for adults daily. On the onset of a cold or flu I take 3-4 times per day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!