We’ve made these several times and they don’t last long at our dinner table. The flavor of your local farm lamb or turkey will blow you away with these spices. Perfect for grill season approaching. Love these with a kale salad or yummy grilled eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes over rice!
Lamb Kofta on a stick
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne optional for a little heat
- 1 tsp salt I like kosher here
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb ground lamb or turkey would work
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped - or could use 1 tbsp dried
- 1 tbsp garlic minced or grated
- 10-12 5 inch wood skewers soaked in water for 15-20 minutes
- Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat. Soak your skewers.
- Put together your spice mixture - give it a stir so when you add it its incorporated throughout every bite.
- In a large bowl mix together your ground lamb, spices, whisked egg and almond flour. I use my hands to get it together.
- In 3 tbsp servings form the meat onto the skewers leaving 1 inch on either end. Place on the grill for 6 minutes turning half way through for medium done.
- Serve over rice, fresh veggies and enjoy!