Lamb Stuffed Peppers
This was a flavor explosion in my mouth! The lamb we get from our CSA is out of this world and really anything we make with it turns into an award winning recipe! This was my favorite so far!
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup carrots diced (about 4 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup onion diced (I prefer white or yellow)
- 3 cup broccoli 1 cup diced, 2 cups florets (fresh or frozen works)
- 4 Red bell pepper cut off tops and take out seeds, save tops
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric dried is fine
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee if you have it
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce organic, or use 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 2 tbsp feta cheese optional
- Set oven to 375. Wash & cut off tops of peppers and put them face down in a baking pan.
- Place peppers in the pre-heated oven for 15mins. Start dicing carrots, onion and 1 cup of broccoli.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of butter (ghee) add in carrots, onion and broccoli, sauté until carrots are cooked. Take off heat and set in a mixing bowl.
- In same saucepan brown the lamb. Season ground lamb with garam masala, salt, garlic & onion powder, curry powder and turmeric.
- Add sautéed vegetables back to saucepan with the lamb, add in chopped olives and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and let simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Taste the lamb mixture and make sure your seasonings are to your liking and them scoop mixture into bell peppers. Top with feta cheese and stick back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Steam your 2 cups of broccoli florets and serve alongside of your lamb stuffed bell peppers! YUM!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!