Mediterranean Tuna Salad
When you are out of Mayo and want a different take on Tuna Salad this one is delicious! It has perfect protein, fat, carb combination to get you to your next meal and so many flavors and textures! I put the mediterranean version below, but for the picture I added cilantro and pickled jalepenos to spice this up because I didn't have parsley or dill.
- 2 tbsp olive oil the good stuff, from your favorite olive oil shop!
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/8 cup red onion minced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped fine
- 1 can wild caught tuna wild planet is my favorite
- 2 tbsp curly leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped or 1/2 tsp dried works too
- 1/3 cup chick peas drained and rinsed or 1/4 cup roasted
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Chop bell pepper, celery, onion, parsley dill and put in bowl.
- Drain tuna and with a fork add to vegetables. Get tuna to desired consistency with your fork. Add in chick peas.
- Add salt and pepper pour on olive oil and stir. YUM party in your mouth!
- Know that you can really put any herbs you have on hand, hot sauce or avocado could be good add ins if you wanted to go spicy. Get creative!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!