Simple Sugar-free Waffles
Made these during my sugar-detox week and they were amazing, even the kids gobbled them up. The only sweetness comes from 1/2 banana! They are filling and can be made for a quick weekend breakfast and topped with anything you want!
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp almond butter unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops vital proteins collagen peptides OPTIONAL but boosts the protein!
- 1 tsp coconut oil or avocado oil only if you don't have non-stick waffle maker
Optional Topping Ideas
- 2 fresh figs
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp nut butter warmed up and drizzled
- 1 tsp honey
- Plug in waffle maker - or you can make these into pancakes in a skillet!
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and pulse until combined
- If you don't have a non-stick waffle maker brush the waffle maker with coconut or avocado oil (for high heat)
- These measurements will make 3 big waffles so ladle 1/3 of batter into mold and close - my waffle maker will turn green light on when complete usually 90 seconds doesn't take long!
- Top with whatever you'd like! Get creative here!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!