Baked Blueberry & Plum Oats
The best idea since sliced bread! Baking oats is my new favorite and also a great way to meal prep your breakfast for the week! You can really stick anything in these you want to boost the nutrients (protein, healthy fats, fruit, spices etc!)
- 1 large ripe banana mashed with a fork
- 2 tbsp coconut oil plus 1 tsp to brush in pan
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey or you could skip!
- 3 cups rolled oats not quick oats
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 scoops vital proteins collagen peptides optional for added protein
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or any fruit would work!
- 2 plums sliced thin and set on top - optional for added sweetness!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brush a 9x9 baking pan with coconut oil - or use non-stick
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (walnuts, oats, salt, cinnamon & vital proteins if you are adding them) stir and set aside.
- Mash up ripe banana and whisk in 2 eggs. Mix in vanilla, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and then fold in blueberries (or fruit of choice) - top with plums or fruit of choice and place in oven for 35 minutes.
There are really any flavor combinations you can try here! Base is eggs, oats, almond milk, banana, then play with spices, fruit, nuts, proteins etc. Get creative and in comments let me know what combinations you come up with!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!