This is my kids version of a 'cookie' they love them, I love that they eat them, and my husband and I love them too! Win, Win, Win. Filled with healthy fats, antioxidants and no artificial sugars.
- 1 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 5 dates pitted
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder I like the extra dark
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 egg white whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted & divided into 1 tbsp & 1/2 tbsp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350
- Using a food processor: Pit the dates and pulse in food processor for a couple of seconds. Add in both the walnuts & pecans and pulse all three together until desired consistency of your cookie.
- Whisk together; egg, egg white, vanilla, 1 tbsp coconut oil and add to processor. Pulse until combined
- Add cocoa, salt & baking powder to processor and pulse until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or brush with last 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil. Scoop 20-24 large tbsp balls onto sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, I like mine a little bit gooey! Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or put them all in the freezer and pop them out whenever you want! Enjoy!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!