Fancy Cobb Salad
I love to use all of my veggies for this! So easy to assemble especially if all you have to do is throw it together! This one is simple and is my go-to, even the kids like it! Cobb Salad for 4 🙂
- 4 tbsp Dijon Mustard Dressing made ahead of time find in my recipes
- 2 egg hard boiled & halved
- 1 cup tomato sliced
- 1 cup cucumber sliced (I like to use baby cucumbers from Costco)
- 8 slices prosciutto or bacon fried in the frying pan to make it crispy like bacon
- 1 15 oz can Chick Peas pre-roasted if possible to save time
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced
- 4 cups organic greens
- 1 cup roasted vegetables optional if you have them otherwise this will work without!
- 1/2 cup sprouts optional if you have them - they always make for a great picture
- 1/2 avocado optional: sliced for extra fat!
- Turn oven on to 425: Only if you haven't pre roasted veggies and chick peas. (You could save 15 minutes if you do this ahead and store in the fridge) Wash / Rinse & cut veggies. Wash and drain beans. Brush them with coconut oil and roast for 15-20 minutes turning half way through.
- While the veggies / chick peas are roasting fry up prosciutto. Turn on frying pan to medium heat and put single layer slices into pan. Turn after 1 minute or until crispy. Set aside.
- Wash and slice: Tomato, Bell Pepper, Cucumber.
- Assemble Salad: Layer greens, raw vegetables, roasted vegetables, chick peas, egg, prosciutto. Optional toppings (sprouts, avocado). Drizzle with Dijon Dressing, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste! Enjoy
To save time on this salad I make my roasted vegetables, chick peas and dijon dressing ahead of time and store in the fridge. When it's time to assemble I fry up chick peas and roasted vegetables for a minute in a frying pan to crisp them up.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!