Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
I love this salad for fall when the root veggies are cheap! Roast veggies ahead of time and then just throw in a bowl of greens, top with your favorite dressing. I like Tahini with roasted roots!
- 1 tbsp tahini dressing
- 2 cups organic greens organic washed and ripped
- 1/2 cup roasted vegetables butternut squash, beets, parsnips, carrots
- 1 tbsp seeds raw pumpkin, sunflower, hemp, sesame
- 1/4 cup apple sliced (can use any fruit or omit, its just for sweetness)
- 1/2 cup broccolini could use green beans, sprouts
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil for roasting root vegetables
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Turn oven on to 425
- Peel and cut up root vegetables to roast. The smaller the faster. I like 1 inch cubes. Place on sheet pan and brush with coconut oil. Place in oven for 20 minutes, flip half way.
- Make Tahini Dressing (see separate recipe for this).
- Steam green vegetables in 1 inch of boiling water in saucepan until tender (3 minutes) - drain and set aside to cool
- Wash and chop apples and greens.
- Assemble Salad. Greens, Root Veggies, Seeds, Green Veggie, Apple, Drizzle with Tahini dressing, sprinkle with Salt & Pepper to taste
To save some time I like to roast my vegetables ahead of time and store in the fridge. When it's time to use them I fry them up for a minute or two to caramelize in a frying pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!