Healthy Salad Bowls
I think I have something along this line for lunch everyday and if you follow me you see them all the time. Start the beginning of your week / Sunday night by just prepping a few things to get you through the week so you can just throw together and BOOM you have a salad you want to share on instagram!
- 1 tbsp dressing home-made or tessemaes
- 1/4 cup grains or beans quinoa, brown rice, millet, beans, lentils (your choice)
- 1/4 cup roasted veggies beets, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, butternut squash
- 1/2 cup protein 2 eggs, chopped chicken, can of tuna, ground beef
- 2 cups organic greens spinach, mixed greens, kale
- 2 tsp seeds raw pumpkin, hemp, sesame
- 1 cup raw vegetables cucumber, carrot, zucchini, bell pepper
- Cook a batch of grains you have on hand (quinoa, brown rice, etc) if you don’t have grains or when you get to the point where you eliminate them you can easily use beans / lentils to act as your carbohydrate.
- Roast your favorite root / cruciferous veggies… Oven to 400 chop veggies small so they roast and caramelize fast! Brush veggies with coconut oil and season with salt & pepper. Store in the fridge until you are ready to assemble. When you are ready I like to just throw them in a sauté pan to re-caramalize before using
- Protein prep: Make hard boiled eggs for the week or bake/ sous vide chicken breasts to have ready, canned tuna works too!
- Make a batch of dressing! See my favorite recipes or I'm a huge fan of all Tessemae's salad dressings (they are as clean as you can get with no sugar, no carbs)
- Assemble! Remember…Greens as your base, roasted veggies, protein, seeds, grain (slow carb / lentil/ beans), fats, dressing. Every day can be different!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!