Sweet & Spicy rainbow carrots & chick peas
This is a great addition to a big green salad, giving you a bit of protein and vegetable carbohydrates. You could make this for a fancy appetizer for guests or take to a party for cheap!
- 1 lb organic rainbow carrots sliced into matchsticks
- 1 15 oz can Chick Peas rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp molasses maple syrup could work too
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or just a pinch depending how spicy you like it
- 1/2 cup feta cheese optional but adds some nice saltiness
- Sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Turn oven on to 400
- Drain and rinse chick peas and set aside. Wash and chop rainbow carrots / parsnips (any root veggie will work!)
- Put chick peas & veggies in large bowl and toss with coconut oil, salt & pepper, cayenne. Place on a lined sheet pan. Roast for 15-20 minutes turning and flipping halfway through.
- Take out of oven, keep on hot pan and pour over molasses. Stick back into oven for additional 5-10 minutes to caramelize.
- Take out and sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!