These are a tasty treat when parsnips are in season! They are dirt cheap and make a great salty, nutritious snack! This recipe is from one of my favorite paleo food bloggers Mel Joulwan http://meljoulwan.com/wellfed/
- 1 lb parsnips cut into 1/2 inch matchsticks
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chives minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut parsnips into 1/2 inch matchsticks. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with 2 tsp of olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes
- Flip the fries and turn oven to 450, roast an additional 5 minutes. **Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
- Put fries back in mixing bowl and toss with 1 tsp olive oil, chives and parsley
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!