Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes
These are from ‘It starts with food’ cookbook and I always double the recipe so the kids/ husband and I can eat these throughout the week. I eat them for breakfast with home-made mayo or throw them in salads as my protein and carb.
- 1 5 oz can wild caught salmon I get mine from Costco (wild caught)
- 1 sweet potato large, already roasted and skin removed (do this Sunday and put in fridge until you are ready to use with skin on)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced or 2 tsp dried
- 2 green onion diced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill minced or tsp dried
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 425. Use parchment paper for this or a baking liner
- After you drain and crumble salmon, mash up sweet potato & combine all ingredients except for butter/coconut oil.
- Brush the pan/parchment paper with oil and then form mixture into patties. You want the to be about 2’’ wide and 1’’ thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip and return for final 10. I like to brush excess oil on top before final round in the oven.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!