Winter Pomegranate and Grain Salad
I love using all of these winter vegetables in one vibrant salad! Perfect to take to a party or serve alongside a warm winter soup. This is one of those salads that keeps in the fridge and is good the next day too! Feel free to double the dressing and use it throughout your week it's our family's favorite!
- 1 cup organic farro rinse and cook ahead of time - can use insta pot to speed up time
- 1 whole butternut squash peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes - roast ahead of time and air fry to serve day of
- 2 bunches organic dino kale washed and de-stemmed and chopped fine
- 1 whole pomegranate peel and get the arils away from pith
- 1 whole small radicchio chopped fine : optional
- 1 green onion chopped fine - green and white parts optional
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp miso
- salt & pepper to taste
- Turn oven to 375 - Prep Butternut Squash Peel and cube squash. Place on a baking sheet and coat with a drizzle olive oil and salt. I like mine a little browned and crisp on one side so I go 25-30 minutes. Flip half way through. Let sit on the pan to crisp up.
- Cook Farro according to package. I like to use the Insta-pot it takes 7 minutes Pressure and 7 minutes sitting. 2-1 ratio of bone broth to farro you may have to drain it but that way it doesn't burn. *Note you may not use all of it on the salad.
- To remove pomegranate arils: Cut pomegranate in half and place in bowl of water, shell out the seeds away from the white pith and the white pith will float to the top scoop it out and then drain out the Arils.
- Make your dressing. Whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, miso and Dijon Mustard together. You can always add salt and pepper to taste or more of the ingredients depending on what you think it needs.
- Kale Prep: Wash, de-stem and chop. Massage 1-2 tbsp of dressing into it to start breaking it down a little before you put salad together.
- Assemble the Salad. In a big bowl place massaged kale and toss in radicchio and green onion. Place the farro, butternut squash and pomegranates on top. Serve with the rest of the dressing on the side, you can drizzle on top of individual servings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!