When it's peach season you've got to take advantage and make ALL the yummy peach recipes right?! Here is a BRAND new one that uses up your fresh peaches, sourdough starter and is easy enough to not screw up!
- 1 1/2-2 cups organic flour I added some as I went and got to under 2 - depends on your humidity
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp cold grass fed butter I chop mine up into cubes to make it easy
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 whole Eggs whisked
- 1/3 cup organic greek yogurt I used fat free and full fat and both work
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter disgard does not have to be bubbly
- 3-4 medium whole peaches chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Dry ingredients - add flour, salt, baking powder and stir. Add in the butter and incorporate until you can squeeze the mixture and it sticks together
- Add in your sugar and your walnuts to the mixture and stir together.
- Wet ingredients - In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, starter, vanilla i
- Fold in the wet mixture to the dry mixture until it's incorporated. Then fold in your peaches.
- Crinkle a parchment paper and place on a sheet pan, scoop out 12 scones onto the parchment paper. Optional to brush with an egg wash and then sprinkle a little sugar on top before placing them in the oven. (I didn't get time for the egg wash and they came out fine!)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!