Baked Salmon & Asparagus in Foil
This is one of my favorite dinners to prep before I go teach class and get home late. All my husband needs to do is put these in the oven. If you wanted to beef this up you could serve with greens and olive oil or serve over quinoa.
- 4 skinless salmon filets 6 oz (Costco has wild caught!)
- 1 lb asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill sprigs or chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inch long. Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet) and layer in center of each length of foil.
- In a small bowl stir together oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 tsp of the oil over portion of asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off, then season bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper. Layer fillets over asparagus. Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices (if using fresh thyme or rosemary use about 3/4 tsp per each if using parsley use 1 1/2 tsp).
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil pouches in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until salmon is cooked through, about 25 - 30 minutes. Unwrap and serve warm.
Costco has great individual frozen wild alaskan salmon filets and bulk asparagus. If you want to look fancy when company is in town for cheap this is a great option!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!