Taco Salad ‘Bowls’ with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
We make this about once a week at our house because there are so many variations and with our CSA ground beef it is delicious!
- 1 lb organic ground beef
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained you could use re-fried, La Preferida is my favorite for this!
- 4-6 cups organic greens if you have romaine you could make taco boats!
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 green onion chopped
- salsa, jalapeños, avocados, cilantro optional toppings
- 1 avocado nice and ripe
- 1 1/2 tbsp Home-made mayo recipe can be found in recipes
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños if you like it spicy
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice either works
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and add in beef and taco seasoning. Break up with a wooden spoon until completely cooked through, remove excess fat if you have a lot. Take off of heat
- While beef is still warm stir in beans to get fat and flavor of meat, set aside while you make dressing.
- Dressing: If you have an immersion blender I like to put all ingredients for dressing in a mason jar and then blend them up! That way if you don’t use all the dressing you can top jar and use throughout your week. You can thin the dressing with juice from pickled jalapeños or water if you need to.
- Assemble greens, meat & beans, toppings and dressing and enjoy!
You can easily make the dressing and the taco seasoning ahead of time. I double or triple the taco seasoning and store in mason jar for future recipes. The taco seasoning recipe is from foodrenegade.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!