Dark Chocolate Energy Balls
These are something I make on a weekly basis if I don't make my 'Cocoa-Nut' cookies. I ALWAYS need a sweet treat and these are perfect to take on car trips or to eat after a big workout so you aren't starving when you get home!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-8 dates pitted, use more depending on how sweet you like them
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- In a food processor add pitted dates and pulse until they are finely chopped.
- Add in nuts, seeds, cocoa powder and pulse until you get a grainy consistency
- Add in coconut oil, sea salt, vanilla and I like to taste the grainy mixture to see where it is on sweetness, if you want it sweeter you can add 5-8 drops of stevia. Pulse until it almost starts to form a ball.
- On a lined sheet pan roll chocolate mixture into balls and place in freezer for 10 minutes. You can then take them off and store in air-tight freezer container until you want to eat. They are good frozen and will only take a couple of minutes to soften. I love adding a dollop of sun-butter or almond butter and finish with a sprinkling of sea salt! ENJOY!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!