Creamy & Delicious Almond Milk
This is delicious and I'm sad I waited this long to start making it! It is creamy and dreamy and everything you could want in a milk with all of the beautiful benefits along with being preservative free. So simple you will make this more than you think!
- 1 cup raw almonds Soaked in filtered water overnight
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1-2 whole dates pitted
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or insides of 1 vanilla bean
- Soak almonds overnight in filtered water make sure they are covered
- Drain and rinse almonds in strainer and add to high speed blender (Vitamix/ Blentec) along with your filtered water, date(s), salt, vanilla, cinnamon
- Blend on high until it makes milk consistency
- Use a nut milk bag (see below in recipe notes for one I got from amazon) and strain out almond/ date pulp. You may have to use your hand to squeeze out final milk.
- Store your fresh milk in the fridge for up to a week, mine doesn't last that long!
I love this nut milk bag from amazon! Know that you don't have to add in all the 'extras' just water and almonds create a nice milk too!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!