Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
My new favorite 'energy ball' but the peppermint and added chocolate chips make these an extra special treat so I'm calling them truffles. Enjoy these year round, but especially during the holidays when you are craving the peppermint / chocolate combo! The perfect gift to give! These were made out of collaboration with @cleanfoodcleanplate
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 8 dates pitted
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder you can use 2 of the dark if you like it darker!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips I use enjoy life to keep it dairy free
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Put pitted dates in food processor and pulse until they are chopped up.
- Add in nuts, seeds, cocoa powder and pulse until you get a grainy consistency
- Add in coconut oil, sea salt, vanilla pulse a couple of times to combine.
- Add in chocolate chips & peppermint extract and then pulse to combine - almost clumping together so you can easily form balls.
- Roll 12-15 balls and place on parchment paper. Put in fridge to set and then place in air tight container in fridge for up to two weeks for freezer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!