Homemade Mayo (Whole 30 Inspired)
This is delicious and a great way to add good fat to your diet throughout the week! I top this on my hard boiled eggs, salads, chili, make homemade dressings with it! So many ways to use this!
- 1 cup extra light tasting olive oil separated into 1/4 cups
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh works best
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 egg make sure egg is room temperature! This is key!!
- Take out egg and let sit until it's room temperature (about an hour)
- Combine room temperature egg with 1/4 cup of olive oil, sea salt, ground mustard and lemon juice
- Use hand mixer on high, beat together and slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil at a time until you have use the entire cup.
- Transfer mayo mixture to a high speed blender and pulse until you get desired consistency. Watch it closely so it doesn't go too long or it will fall apart.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!