Light & Savory Asparagus & Zucchini Soup
A great addition to your dinner or can stand alone as a great lunch with some added protein! This is a light soup but tastes rich and creamy!
- 1 bunch asparagus chop bottom inch off, then chop into 2 inch pieces
- 2 whole medium Zucchini chopped into chunks
- 4 cups bone broth or stock I used chicken bone broth for added protein
- 1 whole white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced, this is optional but I put garlic in everything!
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a big stock pot over medium heat and add in olive oil, onion, garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add in broth / stock, asparagus and zucchini. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until zucchini & asparagus are cooked through.
- Add in Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool down so it's not so hot it will explode in your blender. I like to use my blentec to get a really creamy texture but you can easily use an immersion blender if you don't have a high speed blender.
- Add half of the soup mixture to blender and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Blend on soup setting or until desired consistency. Do the 2nd half and the place back in stock pot to heat until a low simmer to combine. Taste and add in any extra spices you'd like. Cayenne, Paprika, Sea Salt etc. Enjoy!!
If you wanted to make this dairy-free you could sub the parmesan for 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk. Let me know how that works out!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!