Lemony Dill Asparagus Salad
Loving asparagus lately and this is the perfect side dish for a summer meal and makes excellent leftovers! So easy to make and full of flavor & nutrients
- 1 bunch asparagus stalks Trimmed at bottom and then sliced in half
- 1/4 cup pistachios roasted (salted optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill sprigs chopped fine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh is best
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash & trim asparagus. Slice each stalk in half
- Place a large saucepan on high and bring 1 inch water to a boil. Place asparagus in saucepan and time for 1 1/2 minutes cover with lid.
- Get a colander ready with ice. You just want to quickly blanch the asparagus, bright green a little bend to it but still a good crunch / snap if you were to break it in half.
- Cool the asparagus in the ice to stop the cooking and set aside as you make dressing.
- Zest the lemon and add it to lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, dill. Whisk until combined and taste to make sure it's what you want.
- Place cooled asparagus in a big bowl and toss with dressing and pistachios. Serve cold as a side dish or over greens with protein. Enjoy!
I loved this just as is and had with a nice piece of white fish and roasted root veggies for a complete meal. The next day you can easily top a salad with leftovers! Best when asparagus is in easy and cheap! Look for it this spring at your local farmer's market.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!