Parmesan Zucchini Lasagna
- 1 lb organic ground meat chicken, turkey, beef (organic or from farm source your trust)
- 4 Zucchini medium or 2 large
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jar marinara sauce no sugar added, I like trader joes brand or Costco has a good one too!
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese use the real stuff! or you could easily use nutritional yeast if dairy-free
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice zucchini into ½ cm thick slices (‘lasagna zoodles’) place on a baking sheet and season with salt. 5 mins each side – watch them so they don’t burn you just want them cooked to ‘noodle’ consistently not too mushy.
- Brown meat and add in garlic, salt, pepper.
- Add in your marinara sauce to meat and let simmer while your zucchini cook
- Use a 9x9 baking dish and assemble lasagna (zoodles, meat sauce, zoodles, meat sauce, sprinkle on parmesan cheese)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is browned
You can beef this recipe up by adding in more veggies to your sauce, I added in some black bean noodles that I find at Trader Joes. If you wanted to do the ‘boat’ version you can halve the medium zucchinis and scoop out seeds then fill ‘boats’ with meat sauce and cook the same, a little less messy but tastes just the same!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!