Brazil 'nut cheeze' Chicken Nuggets
Watch out Chick-fil-A there is a new and improved chicken nugget in town, only this one is dairy and grain free and is packed with good omega 3 fats, selenium & B complex vitamins. Your family will love these and you’ll love all the nutrients they get eating them. Make a big batch then use for lunch during the week (top salads or they make a killer chicken salad!)
- 1 lb organic chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 1 organic egg whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
Brazil Nut Cheese
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Make Brazil Nut Cheese in a food processor: Combine Brazil nuts, nutritional yeast and salt and pulse until a crumbly consistency is formed
- Whisk egg, parsley, salt and pepper and dredge chicken pieces in it.
- In a new bowl for dry ingredients: Add 1/2 of the Brazil nut cheese, hemp seeds and almond flour.
- Coat egg washed chicken nuggets with the dry mixture and place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes and flip, then bake 3-5 minutes more (baking time will depend on the size you cut your chicken) you want it to brown a little bit make sure you watch it the final couple of minutes!
- Once they are cooked through - sprinkle with remainder of 'Brazil nut cheese' salt and pepper to taste! I love to dip these in my home-made mayo and top salads!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!