Beet Orange Salad with Leafy Greens
Beets and Oranges make the perfect pair and together they partner perfectly with walnuts and dark leafy greens for the ultimate spring-time salad! So light and satisfying you could easily add wild caught white fish / salmon for dinner!
- 2 medium beets cooked, peeled and sliced - do this ahead of time!
- 1 orange peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 cups dark leafy greens I used watercress & baby kale
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 green onions chopped - optional for topping
- 1 tbsp flax seeds optional for topping added omega 3's!
- 1 tbsp goji berries optional for topping
- 2 tbsp orange juice easy to just do by hand from fresh orange
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 roast beets until you can stick a knife through center, let cool then peel with vegetable peeler and slice into 1/2 cm disks (If you can do this ahead of time you'll save a ton of time!)
- Top greens with beets, oranges, walnuts, additional toppings
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in small mason jar with a lid and shake! Drizzle over salad
- Serve with 4oz wild caught fish or lean protein (Optional for dinner)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!