Not just for St. Patty's Day this is a wonderful sweet treat packed with healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and could even be made for a dessert! Kid approved no refined sugars!
- 1 cup nut milk I used homemade cashew milk
- 1 cup organic spinach pack it full!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract or 2-3 drop essential oil to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sub honey
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder or use raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until thick and creamy
- Warm coconut oil until melted and then stir in other ingredients to combine. You may need to warm it for a couple of seconds in microwave or over double boiler to get it thin. It will create a 'Shell' once it hits the cool shake.
- Drizzle over shake and top with cacao nibs or chocolate chips. You will have leftover sauce to use as a fruit dip!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!